Sunday, September 28, 2008

Holy Cow He's 9!

 
My little boy is growing up. I'm so proud of the person he's becoming. He is such a great older brother, full of fun, teasing everyone unmercifully. He keeps his baptismal covenants, and has such a wonderful testimony of his Savior. He has done more then participate in boy scouts he has truly embraced it. He loves, and has been so proud that his grandpa has been the president. He follows the code & mission fully. He is constantly looking for what else he can do with the scouting program. McKay is still my cuddle bug. He'll always sit right next to you, scratch your back, hold your hand or just put his arms around you. He also loves to create things. I'm constantly out of tape, can't find my scissors, projects taped all over the house. A few years back I remember he had taken the floss and rigged the front door to the fridge door, you had to close one to open the other. He is so thoughtful he's always making breakfast for everyone. He has become quite the little chief.

For his birthday he got to do most boys dream. He got to ride in a Porsche race car prior to the race. To catch up to the pack the driver had to drive faster then allowed to of which McKay of course loved. He wore a orange shirt to match the car. It was a fantastic birthday experience. One his father is envious of.
  
                                                             Josie, Abby & Molly
Poor Molly, Kimball kept driving her around in circles.  
I think she got a little sick.
McKay waves as they came in.
  
McKay climbed out the window because "that's how you do it Mom". 
Abby gave McKay one of her favorite toys.
 
CAUGHT!  For dinner we went to the park.  McKay got a new football from Max.  After dinner & presents they played a little "footy".  I saw it coming, McKay took out Kimball & took off.  But Kimball hung onto the ball.  Good Job Kimball!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!

2 comments:

Swift said...

McKay I hope you had a great Birthday is sure looks like you did. I am sooooo jealous of your present I would love to ride in a Porcha. We have a new show started last week called Top Gear Australia and it is one of my fav shows on TV it have made me realise how much I love cars.
We love you
the Swifts

Unknown said...

What a cool birthday! We feel so lucky that we got to come to the race track. That was so cool and I don't think Molly really got sick, that look is more her people are looking at me so I have to put on my pouty face... I think that's what it was. She is funny, but she and Kimball together are awesome and she loves K (McKay) What a fun birthday. We love you.