Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kimball Makes it to 2


Yes Kimball made it in one peace to his second birthday.  Both McKenzie and I are very thankful and truly amazed he make it this far.  The kid is simply "unbelievable."  As you can see from the pictures chocolate cake is his favorite desert.  I didn't know kids who are only two have favorite foods but McKenzie's chocolate cake is definitely Kimballs.  He got a tricycle for his birthday among other gifs but the tricycle was the highlight.  He is absolutely addicted to riding my scooter.  I have to take him for a ride on it every morning before work and every afternoon after work.  He phrases it as "ride."  It is always "ride," "ride."  So it was so funny when I brought out his Harley Davidson tricycle he got from his Nan.  At first his reaction was indifferent, like he didn't seem to understand it was for him, but once he realized it was his he responded with "my ride."  
 
How appropriate his ride.  He basically didn't leave the seat of "his ride" for the rest of the day.  At one point he had the balloon pump hanging between the rear tires.  It caught my attention for obvious reasons.  It didn't take long for me to see what it's purpose was for.  Silly me I should have realized those plastic tires needed to be pumped up.  
He kept stopping to pump them up and then off he went again.  He actually handles it well, he hasn't hit any of the walls yet.  Well the rest of the day was a blast as well.  We watched both sessions of conference and had family over to celebrate his birthday.  He received other great gifts that he had fun opening.  All in all it was a great weekend.  We are now undergoing the rigorous task of attempting to make it to three without any significant injuries.  Our prayers have got a little longer since we have been blessed to have Kimball in our lives.  I can't believe he is already two.
 
Our traditional b-day breakfast-french toast.      In his new wagon "Cheese"
 
McKay gave him one of his favorite Monster trucks and $2 because he's two.  Abby gave him one of her horses because he loves horse like she does.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute. Looks like some fun boy birthdays going on. Happy B-Day McKay and Kimball.

kimberlis korner said...

WOW they are growing quick! LOVE
EVERY minute because it just goes
faster every year!!!

HAPPY BITHDAY Kimball and McKay!

Swift said...

I'm so happy Kimball has a fun day. the pictures are great.
Happy B'day Kinball we love you.
The Swifts

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fun birthday, and I love the tricycle that's so cool! I'm totally with him on the chocolate cake, how could you not like that chocolate cake! We love you. Happy Birthday.