Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oh, the DRAMA!!

My Josie has quite a active, creative imagination.  

About a month ago I was needing just a few minutes to get some things done without my cute little shadow.  I was quickly going through my little brain trying to think of a movie or show that would keep Josie's attention for even 10 min.  By a tender mercy, Rainbow Brite jumped into my head.  I jumped onto youtube and sure enough Rainbow Brite was there!  She loved it.  Since then she has become slightly obsessed with her.  Well of course who could she possible want to be for Halloween, Rainbow Brite.  Last year I, in a moment of weakness, bought the cutest butterfly costume.  
My thought process was that she would be able to wear it next year too.  Well she would have none of that.  She wanted to be Rainbow Brite.  I got on line and couldn't find a Rainbow Brite costume for kids.  I finally found one someone made and it was totally a hoochie momma outfit.  Some of the girls on the team had caught onto what was happening, and did a fantastic job manipulating her into wanting to be a "beautiful pink butterfly".  I thought we were good.  The next day when I went to pick her up from pre-school, her teacher greeted me with, 

"Whoa, is Josie mad at you!?"  Not surprised, but not understanding what she was mad at me for this time, I responded with 

"Oh great, what did I do now?"  

"I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween, and she told me Rainbow Brite (my eye's now roll) but that you wouldn't let her.  I told her I hadn't seen a Rainbow Brite costume for a really long time.  I didn't think they made them anymore.  She said that's what you kept telling her and that no one was listening.  She followed with you have to go to the Rainbow Brite store."  I had heard this many times from her.  I asked her teacher

"Did she tell you where the store was?"

"No"

"It's in RAINBOW LAND,  all I have to do is RIDE the RAINBOW!"

It was good to have a laugh with someone who knows my Josie Posie.

I could tell this wasn't going to go away so that night I called Katheryn & she saved me by coming over to babysit while I went to the fabric store, on the hunt.  There was NOTHING on Rainbow Brite, I tried to be creative, thinking I could use a tutu, striped socks, but I knew this wouldn't fly.  I came across the cutest Wizard of Oz costumes.  I remembered I had bought red sparkle shoes from Target for her thinking she would love them. I had hidden them away for one of those crazy days I needed her to run errands with me.  I was so excited.  I went to grab the pattern and they were sold out.  I went to 2 other store before I in all desperation I went to Walmart.  They had it!!  They also had the cape pattern I needed for McKay's costume.  

I enlisted my mom to help me sew the costumes.  She is the master sewers of sewers.  She worked on this so hard, I was glad I asked her to help me.  I never would have figured it out.  

Josie LOVES this costume.  She's so proud of it.  And that we made it for her.  

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! Great work by you all. Did she love the sparkly shoes?!

Rosander said...

She just really makes me chuckle! She is so stinking funny! It turned out so cute! I bet she loved the shoes!

The Swifts said...

I remember Rainbow bright that was back when I was a kid, i loved her. Poor McKenzie you really dug a hole for yourself didn't you.
I'm glad you managed the make her happy in the end.
I will have to remember that for when Sam get older.
Love you guys.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Ha ha i heard this story just not the part with the teacher...ha ha ha. that is hilarious!! Oh i love that jos! She always makes me laugh.