Friday, October 17, 2008

Little Haunts



We have loved visiting "This is the Place, Heritage Park".  It has become one of our favorite places.  For Halloween they don't have a "haunted house"  rather it is a "haunted village."  And from what I understand it is the scariest around.  Obviously that was not what we went for.  This week they held "Little Haunts" during the day.  It was a blast!  The kids dipped candles, made corn husk dolls and of course the tradition pony ride and petting zoo among many other things.  Josie became best buddies with the man teaching us how to make the dolls.  He was soooooooooooo patient.  

I tried really hard to get a good fall picture of the four of them.  I tried, and tried.  And well it was one of those fights that I was never going to win.  Kimball decided he was some type of growling animal.  H kept growling at me while I was trying to get them together for the photo.  To even get him in the picture, the other three had to move so the sun was right on their faces. Oh well, all part of the fun right?  

After our super fun day, we met up with Craig.  He's been staying up in SL for regionals.  We met him & the girls for dinner.  During dinner, McKay was driving me nuts.  Every two seconds he was asking what time it was, why wasn't the food coming faster, where was the waiter with the check?  This was so surprising, we were @ Tucanos, his favorite restaurant.  He's the one we have to drag out of there.  I finally figured it out.  I had promised the kids we could swim at the hotel after dinner.  He was getting really anxious because bedtime was approaching.  After I explained that we were having a "late night" he finally relaxed.  

So the kids, not just McKay were very excited about the swimming.  While getting changed in the hotel room I was getting Craig to breath.  As we walked into the pool area all I saw was yellow tape!?!  They had closed the pool to clean it.  I just started to laugh.  I could see McKay's face.  It was priceless.  I was relieved when I noticed the hot tub was still open.  So we swam in the hot tub for a while until the heat started to get to, of all people, McKay. 

The older two stayed overnight with Craig & ordered ice cream sundays from room service.  They had the time of their lives.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Your kids are too cute. Sounds like some way fun activities. What a good mom you are.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Can i go next time? Ha ha. Oh McKay is such a funny boy. :) Love them all!

Rosander said...

We are so sad we missed it. We totally need to go with you guys next year.