Saturday, October 18, 2008

Goin' on a Witch Hunt

It has become a tradition @ Halloween Time to "hunt" for the witches at Gardner Village.  They totally deck the entire place out with witches.  We print off the "Witch Scavenger Hunt" form from their web page and start hunting for witches.  Once you find all the witches you get a free cookie.  This year Molly & Stella came with us and dragged Kris & Linds along too.  It was fun to have them join in the hunt.  I think Craig really enjoyed having someone to talk to about important things like the Jazz etc.  Molly & Josie are so funny together.  Josie has decided that Molly is her cousin.  It is funny how much emphasis she puts on Molly being HER cousin.  Like she belongs to her.  She pulls Molly everywhere.  

<


At one point Lindsay & I tried to get a picture of the kids by one of the witches.  Abby, the girl who loves to do everything, jumped right up.  She wanted to make sure she was right next to the witch.  She didn't need to worry, Josie is terrified of anything like this.  She had to be coaxed by Molly who jumped up next to Abs.  McKay @ this point was so tired from his extra "late night", that he's so grumpy I had to push him to sit down on the bench.  We tried to get Kimball in the picture, yea right.  It is funny how you give up trying to make your fourth child do things.  You really learn to fight the fights that are worth fighting by the fourth.  

At the end of the hunt, it has become a tradition to end the witch scavenger hunt with a fresh caramel apple.  YUMMY! (2nd year and we already have a tradition but when it involves caramel)

(Side note:  Josie has now worn pants two day in a row!! Yahoo!)

4 comments:

The Swifts said...

Wow it looks like you guys has a great time, wish I could have come.

Rosander said...

My favorite part of the picture taking was Molly trying to steel Josie's gold fish, Ya, I know it was more than just once. Still I just have to shake my head. It's a good thing that Josie likes Molly. I still love that Kimball was loving the corn on the cob.

Natalie said...

What a fun tradition! And I love that the husbands came too! I'm going tomorrow with my sister-in-laws. I've never been. I'm super excited after hearing all the fun stories.

kimberlis korner said...

OH MY SOOOOO CUTE PICTURES on the slide show!!!!!
But, I'm SO laughing at the Diet Coke by (is that Kimball?)!!!

Hey, I don't actually have your blog address. I get on yours by being on Lindsays. Send me yours so I can put it on my side bar!

FUN,CUTE,CREATIVE! (as ALWAYS!)