Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Safety 101

Yes it's two pieces of toast with a knife sticking out, while plugged in.  What you can't see very well in the picture is that the second slot from the right is FILLED with butter.  This for some crazy reason has become one of Kimball's favorite things to do.  Any time the toaster is left out this is what happens.  However this is the best job yet.  It took almost a role of paper towels and a handful of q-tips to get it out.  I did get most of the butter but if you use the right two it still smokes a little.  I keep hoping that the butter will keep melting and soon it will be as good new.  I know, I'm sure it's wishful thinking.
While we were at Petco buying crickets Kimball stood next to the automatic sliding door.  As people came in and out the door obviously, would open and close.  He would place his hand in the door seeing how close he could get the door to his hand as it closed.  
When he sits in the shopping cart he will, without fail, at some point decide to move to the back if he's in the front, or the front if he's in the back.  Often with out any notice at all he'll climb right out and fall to the floor.  If I strap him in he screams bloody murder the entire time, while reaching for any strange man that walks by.  I'm sure people think I've stolen him.
Last week while Craig was out mowing the lawn, his little buddy had his lawnmower to help out.  The other kids and I were inside tidying up.  One of my favorite things this time of the year is being able to have the windows open.  As I passed the window I heard a woman who lives down the street say "I think he belongs to you".  Obviously that caught my attention.  I was mortified and hid behind the wall so she couldn't see me (you would think I was 4).  Craig calmly replied like it was no big deal.  "Yep he does.  Thanks."  She was really great about it and just mentioned how her kids are wanderers too.  (She had found him out in the middle of the road thats to the side of us, which is just down from the crest of the hill.) 
He only has a few weeks until his 2nd birthday.  If he makes it we will be throwing the largest celebration we've had yet.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Kimball, Kimball, Kimball. Let's see you will be 2 years old in less than three weeks. If you make it in one peace I will be amazed and very thankful. All the best

jacksonx03 said...

Hi, I linked over to your blog from Lindsay's. I didn't know you had one! This picture made me laugh out loud, how funny! You must be super mom.

Amy J.