Sunday, September 7, 2008

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin"

Today was such a wonderful sabbath.  We had stake conference that was actually broad casted from the Marriott Center to all the stakes in Utah & Wasatch county.  It was wonderful!  (minus the normal mishaps from the kids)  They all told wonderful stories.  Elder Packer spoke of the times he lived and raised his kids here in our little Lindon.  Sis. Dibb spoke about the "real things" of life.  Pres. Uchtdorf made me laugh when he told us how when flying  from Germany to L.A. as they flew over Provo he would get on the public address system and let everyone know they were flying over BYU.  He said that being the flight captain was great because he had control of the address system.  The spirit in the meeting was wonderful.  I'm so grateful to be a member of this church.  I love my Savior.  I am grateful for the sacrifices my ancestors made for me.   To be married to a worthy priesthood holder & have temples so close for us.  How did I get so lucky?  
Mom, Kat & Whit came over for dinner.  The kids love when they come to visit.  After that we decided to go for a drive up the canyon to see if any leaves had changed yet.  (McKay chose to stay home.)  We walked around Sundance. 
 
As we walked to the pond it was picturesque.  A man was drawing next to the pond and waterfall.  While looking @ the fish he started feeding the fish bread from lunch.  The fish were going crazy.  He noticed how mesmerizing it was for the kids.
 
He was so kind.  He showed the girls how to feed them & gave them the rest of the bread to break off and throw.  They were going almost crazier then the fish.  As we walked around I showed Josie some wild flowers, when she smelled them 
she told me how bad they stunk.  Kimball loved the place. 
 
Poor Craig was constantly chasing him around.  Abby loved the peace as much as Craig & I.   
"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." 
~William Shakespeare

2 comments:

Rosander said...

That sounds like a really good sunday. I'm looking forward to our regional conference this coming sunday. I love that Josie thought that the flowers stunk... It gives the phrase "Stop and smell the roses a whole new meaning." What a fun mom and dad your kids have.

Ashley said...

HEY! I didn't know you had a blog, it is adorable. I can't wait to stay in better touch with you and your cute family.

What a neat outing. Sounds like a super Sunday and fun family!

I appreciated your comment on scripture reading. I like that you involve your kids at so young an age. So, do you just let Kimball sit and pretend or how do you do it all? I need more details!