Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Hope They Call Me On a Mission!

Several people have asked why I haven't posted about my parents. The reason was at first, when I was in shock, we couldn't. We were asked not to talk to anyone about it so my dad could talk with his clients before they found out from, say, my daughter who told her friend who happened to be a client of my dad before he had a chance to talk to them in person. Since that time, I've been; excited, in a state of denial, and teary.

So to take a few steps back, my parents have been called to be missions presidents in Nagoya Japan! This means they will be over the LDS mission efforts, & missionaries in a chunk of Japan. They will live in Japan for three years. I am so proud of there willingness to serve. Over that time I think of the client base that could have continued to grow, family milestone that will be missed, and the everyday phone chats and interactions. But despite all of that, I also think of; an exciting three years for them. Meeting general authorities, engrossing themselves into a new culture, learning {a lot of learning}, loving & caring for a ton of young missionaries. I also think of the fabulous fabric they have in Japan, the awesome washi tape {I'm in love with these items}. And I also think of the blessings. Blessing they will be part of, blessings they will receive, blessing that will pour upon all of us while they are serving.


We've been teaching them how to skype, and blog. This way we'll all be able to stay in touch.

Today Katheryn and I put together a Nagoya Japan Mission Blog for them. This way, not only we can know what's going on, but the parents of the missionaries they're over.

6 comments:

Rosander said...

I've done really well this week until now... thanks a lot! I know I'm excited for the tea cups!

Mary said...

Now at least you'll have a stop-over point next time you visit Australia! How exciting for your parents!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

I got mom to post on the pictures. and they are excited to get it more. and they love it. Now mom and dad just want a cute japanese looking background...

Karen said...

Seriously, I love you guys!! This is so exciting. We are happy for your parents, and that picture of them holding up their call is AWESOME!!

Kameron said...

SO exciting! I'm glad for them, and you too!

Jodi said...

YAE for your mom and dad! They are going to be AWESOME - what a great experience for your whole family!