Thursday, April 1, 2010

Project 7 has been launched!

I have so much I want to share and update, but I'll do that later this week. Right now I want to pass along the project 7 from Craft Hope!

This project seems pretty fun and a little bit easy. In fact I'm going to enlist my children to help for an upcoming FHE.

"This time we have partnered with the Liberia Orphan Education Project (LEOP) to provide school supplies to orphan schools in Liberia, West Africa. The LEOP started out seven years ago simply by sending crayons to Liberia and they now currently provide school supplies, teaching instructional supplies, and teacher training to these schools. The founder, Beth, sent me a sweet email asking if we could make bean bags to send to the schools. Heck ya we can!"

They are needing a specific types of bean bags. She has examples linked in the content on the post. But if any one else close by is wanting to make them as well contact me and lets ship them together! Or we can even split a set, we could even make the same set and share the fabric, anything. This is going to be a fabulous project. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

beth said...

McKenzie-
You are so right! This is a fabulous project and I cannot wait to receive your bean bags! Thanks so much for making a bean bag contribution and for mentioning LOEP on your blog (along with the picture of the adorable kids we are so privileged to work with in school).
Beth at LOEP