Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Josieism ~ Words of Wisdom

Our Josie Posie, as most know, is the most imaginative person.  While she & I were coloring the other day I asked her what she wanted to be when she "grew up".  (I sometimes lay in bed and wonder this about my kids.  I totally see her as my J K Rowling.)  She continued on about her story she was making up & telling herself.  I figured she didn't hear or didn't want me to interrupt her, so that was that.  The following day after I picked her up from preschool she looked at me and said the most amazing thing, "Mom when I grow up I want to be me".  I couldn't believe it.  a) that she had heard me b) she thought about it for a long time c) how deep!  I've thought about that a lot.  Wouldn't it be amazing if we were all happy with ourselves and wanted to be us?  I have made a promise to myself that I'll never ask another child what they want to be when they grow up.  I want them all to be themselves.  

She is so creative and imaginative, and I'm so not.  I've tried really hard not to squash that out of her.  I came across this fantastic video.  I loved it!  

5 comments:

Liz said...

I sometimes think that we have children not to teach them but to learn from them. I love that video clip thankyou.

Rosander said...

That is pretty profound! I would like to hear more about sister... Sally. What that her name?

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

That is hilarious. I remember you telling us that monday. She is such a sweetheart.

Natalie said...

I'm impressed! That's quite a lot to think about.

And as far as your friends you asked about (sorry to be slow to respond) I actually don't know them! funny. I was invited to be a contributor on that recipe blog. Its my friends blog. So I don't know your friends... I wonder how my friends Frances or Rachael know them?!

Mary said...

Hey McKenzie! I'm glad you stopped by my blog- I had visited yours and then didn't write it down and haven't been back since, but now I can keep an eye on you guys! And thanks for the comments. For some reason they're pretty hard to come by :)