Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cali

I know my sweet husband has journaled about our trip to California, but I have some memories I don't want to forget.

McKay became quite the the photographer on our trip.  Every time I turned around he had the camera taking pictures of everyone and anything.  At times I would pick up the camera to scroll through them and there would be 5 new self portraits of McKay.  I kept thinking he was quite good, so on the after the day @ Disneyland I had him take pictures of us coming back on the shuttle on the way to the car.  Both had my head cut off, other then that they were quite good.  :0)

Here's some of his pics during Cali


Abby loves Disneyland, she always has.  She's my little dare devil, which you would never know by her sweet disposition.  Craig had taken the older two on some rides while I took (fought) with Josie & took she & Kimball to see the princesses.  When we had finished I called Craig to see where they were so we could meet up.  They were @ the next train stop riding the cars.  We got there @ the perfect time.  We looked over the railing and Abby was just starting to take off with Craig in the passenger seat.  I could hear his scared laugh.  After the ride they get their "Drivers License".  She was so proud & felt like she was a fantastic drive.  I can definitely wait till she's really sixteen.

Josie always amazes me with what she says.  We were in Balboa for Laurens reception.  Most of you probably know about Balboa, we didn't, we had no clue.  So to set the stage, because I'm sure I'll forget by next week, Balboa is a part of Newport.  It's a very upper class area.  The homes are nice, double story, set close together, very well kept and quite expensive.  Part of Balboa is an island, in order to get there you have to take the ferry.  Stage is now set.

As we were walking to the ferry, the older two had skipped off in front of us, Craig & Kimball were trying to keep up with them, Josie & I were enjoying the homes along the way.  While we were walking we crossed a lady who was walking with her cute little dog in hand.  The dog & the lady were dressed casual & yet decked to the hilt at the same time.  Josie walked right up to the lady stopped right in front of her and said "Love that. It's so pretty" as she touched her @ least 4ct. diamond ring.  The lady was super nice and kind of chuckled and said thanks.  Josie told her she was welcome and was on her way.  


Kimball was so funny trick-or-treating.  I think he thought it was like the game when you go to peoples homes and ask for something "bigger or better".  He would hold on to the piece of candy he had just received walked to the next house and try to trade it for one they had.  Craig would take the candy from him and put it in his bag.  About 3/4 of the way through he finally understood that the entire bag of candy was his.  All at once it just clicked.  He grabbed the bag away from Craig drag it for a few doors then handed it to me.  He wouldn't let Craig come close to the bag.  Which totally made me laugh for several reasons, 1) he has a little love hate relationship going with me  2) I'm the least trustworthy with candy.  I guess he'll learn that by next year.  


When we're in Cali we love to stop by the Spectrum Center to grab something to eat & walk around.  The kids love to play in the fountains.

Isn't my husband cute.  I volunteered him to put his tennis stringing skills to work by tying crystals from the chandelier at the reception.  When we got there I recognized the Waldrons from the PV 6th Ward.  I was shocked to see them in California.  Of course we were all curious as to who knew who.  They're Kirks grandparents.  They are neatest people ever.  It was such a fun surprise!

Cali was a fun quick trip.  We were so happy to see Lauren happy, with such a great guy.  They are adorable.  The kids love him as much as they love, her which is huge, because they think she's the bomb!

No comments: