Sunday, December 27, 2009

Time Extended!

We were so lucky to extend our time up in the Gold Coast. The Alpins gratiaously took us in.
{the Alpins are Craig's cousin Michele, her hubby Ross, Jason, Mark & Justine} Tonight when we were asking the kids what was the favorite thing we've done so far excluding Christmas, Abby's was swimming at the Alpins pool. It was wonderful. We sat out in the back yard ate lunch and dinner, swam, jumped on the tramp, relaxed in the hot tub, and we even got to watch the fruit bats fly over head at dusk. That was totally earie. They are HUGE and there are TONS of them. But I think the favorite thing at the Alpins was the company. They are so amazing. The kids absolutly loved them. Their cute teenagers took over entertaining them and caring for them. The kids have had a very hard time leaving them. When we all loaded up to got to the airport, Kimball wanted to get out of the car because Michele, Mark, and Justine weren't coming with us. Then at the airport he woke up when I told Ross good by and reached for him. He is still asking for "my Rossie" or "Mawk". Josie left her favorite "Pie Pony's" which she calls her miniture My Little Pony's, so they will always remember her. And they are still sporting the fabulous purple sparkle fingernail polish.
It was so relaxing that I didn't take many pictures, which I'm kicking myself for. I didn't even get one of McKay so . . . picture him in the pool 6 hours a day and on the Wii, with a little garage band practice in the mix.


No comments: