Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Escaping Death

The other day as we were walking long Circular Quay we were watching some of the street performers. Just as we walked up, the performer called on me to "assist". Yea right. I'm a total wall flower type of person. To stand in front of a ton of people and do things is not my cup of tea. Kimball followed, he's always up for some fun. The guy was CRAZY. Literally. The longer I stood there the longer I got worried. I could see the headlines. . .
In the end we all made it out alive.

The next day we walked the bridge. Yes as if the previous day wasn't terrifying enough, I took on one of my biggest fears. Not just heights, but heights with children. I was soo proud of myself. However there were certain rules, like 1. Josie~ no throwing fits, on the bridge, what so ever, no laying down, turning, stomping of feet ~anything! 2. Kimball was to be held the entire time away from the edge. 3. Josie was to hold an adults hand the entire time! 4. No running 5. no holding on to the edge or looking over the edge. 5. absolutely no teasing mom with any of the following

It was amazing! I will never look at the Sydney Bridge the same again! Once we were on the other side We ate lunch, fed the pigeons and enjoyed a lamington.

{don't you love Kimball's fit? He's decided he can't walk anymore. }
Not only did we walk the bridge once but then we walked back over. It was beautiful up there.
At the close of the day Craig's Auntie Karen came and met us for dinner. She lives two hours away. How nice is she. She brought gifts for everyone, and then shouted for the ice cream at the end. She is such a sweet person. The kids adored her!


And today we are headed back home. For Christmas Santa brought Josie the Wizard of Oz. We have watched it continuously lately. As the trip has gotten closer to an end, I keep repeating in my head, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." It has been an amazing trip. It was nice to have a break from routine, but now it will be nice to have a routine again.

3 comments:

Rosander said...

Sounds like you guys have had quite the busy Christmas. We have miss you at all of the traditional family stuff. Hope it was a good one. Sure love you and we can't wait to have you all back home!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Next time you go to austrila I must be included. ;) ha ha I am so glad you had so much fun. I cant wait to see you all again. I miss you all! Love you

Kameron said...

Wow!! What a trip. Just amazing. Next time you go, let me know - I may just hide away in your suitcase! Ha ha. I've always wanted to go to Australia... Shoulda married someone NOT from Sacramento then, huh? Ü