Friday, October 16, 2009

ScHoOl

Another school year is well underway!

McKay loves that his teacher is a boy. This year we decided to mix it up a bit. I'm home schooling him for Math and Language Arts, he then goes for Art, Science, Social Studies and P.E.. It's been really fun I think for both of us.

Abby didn't think she could ever find a teacher she liked half as much as Mrs. Nelson, but she has. Mrs. Nelson's really good friend works at the school and Abby has her this year. Her classroom is "western". Right up Abby's ally with the horses. This girl loves school and everything that goes with it.

Josie, oh Josie. She's in Kindergarten now! I can't believe it, and either can she. She still, shall I say, strongly dislikes school. She's "too little" to go to school, or read, or clean her room. First thing in the morning she asks "do I have to go to school today?". I think it's going to be a long 13 years. A few weeks ago we had some cute neighbors over for the afternoon. It was time to take Josie to school, so I loaded everyone in! We got to school, I opened the door to kiss and send her off to school, and she doesn't have shoes! "Josie I told you to grab your shoes. You can't go to school without shoes." "So that means I don't have to go today right?!"

Kimball throws a fit to go to school. And so do we. If you ask him how old he is, he'll tell you "four". I told him at the beginning of the year he can go to preschool when he's four, so you know, now he is.

FiRsT DaY oF ScHoOl 2009



3 comments:

The Alleman Family said...

Everytime I see them I can't believe how big they are all getting! That is hilarious about josie and shoes! Now she knows what she has to do to not go to school. Note to self... keep extra shoes for Josie in the car!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Oh my nieces and nephews are so precious. I love them. :) Josie has whitneys love of school. ha ha ha ha

Kameron said...

Okay, how did you manage to do half home schooling and half not? Details, please! Jerod forgot Ellie's shoes once for preschool. She just went without them!