Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Festival of Witches

Festival of Witches has become a tradition at Halloween. Gardner Village is a favorite anytime of year, but at Halloween it is quite "spooktacular" {hehehe}. We love to go hunt for witches & end the trip with a delicious caramel apple.
This year as we sat to eat our apple by the pond and watched the ducks, I had to laugh at the different personalities of each child. Kimball grabbed the apple gave me the wax paper it came on and took off for the ducks, eating it upside down
.
Josie sat with her legs together wax paper pressed open and neatly ate her apple, very lady like.
After 10 minutes McKay handed me his apple to operate on. He had squashed the wax paper into the caramel. I had to rip it piece by piece to get it off, in some places I had to even scrap into the caramel.
Abby was enjoying the magical world of Disney with Grandma, & we missed her terribly. {Watch for her post. Coming soon.}

4 comments:

The Alleman Family said...

The carmel apple's look sooo good! I have been craving one that has been dipped in the white chocolate and rolled in cinnamon/sugar...
YUMMY!! I think I need to hit Rocky Mtn. Choc. Factory. I love the witches too- my kids are to afraid of them so we don't ever go. Maybe one of these days they will realize there fake.

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

I love it! ha ha they are so cute! Love you!

Jodi said...

We didn't make it up to Gardner Village this year - we had the "swine flu" bug and were pretty much bundled up at home! Looks like it was spectacular as always! LOVE those carmel apples...YUM!

Kameron said...

it's this time of year that makes me want to move IMMEDIATELY to Utah. Maybe one day we'll take the plunge, but who knows. Isn't it funny how each kiddo is totally and completely different? Love it.