Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Promise Finally Met!

I promised the kids I would take them camping this summer. I have been reminded of this promise often. Finally, we did it! And a couple of weeks to spare. We traveled up the canyon without a reserved campsite, hoping we would find something available. When we arrived at the base of the canyon, we were met by a Ranger who said the campsite was full, but that we could try a more "primitive campsite". Oh my, taking Craig camping was tricky enough when I promised a bathroom and water, now the only thing available was a "primitive campsite". I couldn't go back on my word, and all the work of getting ready. So up we drove. As we got to the campground that was "full", we saw an adorable older couple who were the campground hosts. So we pulled up and asked by any chance if anything was available. YES! One single campsite was left. And what a campsite it was. The next day we asked one of them, when we need to schedule and what campsite was the best. He thought out of all 70 something sites, ours was the best! And I full heartily agree. It was awesome! So Jan. 1st we will be on the computer clicking away!

Yes, we brought the bike.
I don't know how we fit it in but it was a must!


He did it!



1 comment:

Abby said...

that was so fun! I remember doing that!