Monday, August 9, 2010

A Birthday Celebration

My grandmother was amazing. She was with all of the time growing up. Grandma was creative. She always made up games to help us learn. We spent A LOT of time in the car waiting for my mother at fabric stores. Grandma made up a little jingle that we would start to chant after a while; "mother, mother where are you. mother, mother tell us true. mother, mother we love you." We chanted that over and over. Sleep overs, senior citizen bingo dates and chuck-a-rama. She made the best raisin cookies and her banana bread was always my favorite! If I had a bad day I always knew I could go to grandmas and she'd pull out a loaf for me. Grandma was also born on the 4th of July and always told me the festivities were for her.
She past away the January after Kimball was born. I miss her terribly.
Grandma, we celebrated your birthday with three days of fun this year!

There were balloons.
Stadium of Fire, which you would have loved. It was country music.


A parade for sure.



And ended with one of the things I loved to do with you and Grandpa, visiting graves. Even though now it is yours I visit, I know that you are with us still. I also know that you are happy and I'm sure you still worry about us all.

We love you grandma!

5 comments:

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Jeez make me cry! ha ha. What a fun post. Looks like fun fourth of July! I miss you and can't wait to see your beautiful face in 2 weeks! I LOVE YOU!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

I miss Grandma too. I often have a moment where I am so sad because it's like I just saw her, I remember exactly how it felt to hold her hand and hug her...her voice. I would cry and feel bad....then I am thankful that the Lord gave me that moment to remember 'exactly' how it felt. And I am so grateful.
Thanks for decorating her grave on her birthday, making her bread and remembering her. You were her's. You made it a special birthday for her.
She was a wonderful, amazing woman.

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

sorry that was me not katheryn. love mom

Sierra said...

How fun. You take great pictures.

I got my first couple of fabrics in, http://sosamson.com/fabric-shop/

Sierra

Whitney Baird said...

i love this post, and all the pictures. thanks for sharing. love you!