Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Father's Eyes

Here's my little bug-a-lugs:
check out his eyes. . . they're very debonair, deep brown and screaming mischief.

Last night while folding clothes my little bug entered the my room and started to have a very delightful conversation. All of the sudden the conversation took a sharp and sudden turn, mid sentence. "mom i don't want my brown eyes"
"what"
"i don't want my brown eyes like you anymore. I don't want to have your eyes, I want my blue eyes back."
"I love your brown eyes. There so handsome!"
"No I don't want eyes like you anymore. I want my blue eyes back. . .I want my blue eyes like my daddies blue eyes."
"But I love your eyes. Look there like mine."
"I don't want eyes like you. . .I want my blue eyes. . ."
"You're eyelashes are so long and pretty"
"I want my blue eyes back. . . JoJo's got my eyes"
~suppressed laughing
"What?"
"JoJo took my eyes. I want them back"
~Josie enters very concerned
"Josie isn't it funny. Kimball thinks your eyes are so beautiful, he want them. Isn't he funny"
~Josie still not laughing
"He loves you so much, isn't that cute."
"She took my eyes. I want my eyes back"
~can no longer suppress the laugh, between the little boy squishing his eyes trying to get them out of his head and the little girl very concerned"
"Mom, this isn't funny (said very non emotionally). This is a very serious situation."
Much to Kimballs dismay, his eyes are still brown.

5 comments:

Rosander said...

That is so funny!

Natalie said...

That's funny. He does have gorgeous brown Baird eyes!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

I love these kids, Josie does have beautiful eyes like her dad. But the brown eyes...love. ha ha :)

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

That funny boy!
I guess he can blame me for brown eyes!
They are both beautiful. One is so blue and one so brown, cooooool.
Love
Grandma Bonnie

Kameron said...

love it!